Disability Confident Employer
We are delighted to have been accredited as a Disability Confident Employer!
This Level 2 accreditation confirms that we:
- have undertaken and completed the Disability Confident self-assessment
- are taking all of the core actions to be a Disability Confident employer
- are agreeing to at least one action to get the right people for our business and at least one action to retain and develop our people.
In continuing our Disability Confident journey, we are ensuring that disabled people have the opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations.
Disability Confident is creating a movement of change, encouraging employers to think differently about disability and take action to improve how they recruit, retain and develop disabled people. Being Disability Confident is a unique opportunity to lead the way in your community, and you might just discover someone your business cannot do without.
It was developed by employers’ and disabled people’s representatives to make it rigorous but easily accessible – particularly for smaller businesses.
The scheme is voluntary and access to the guidance, self-assessments and resources is completely free. The 3 levels are designed to support you on your Disability Confident journey. The 3 levels are:
- Disability Confident Committed employer (Level 1)
- Disability Confident Employer (Level 2)
- Disability Confident Leader (Level 3)
You must complete each level before moving on to the next.