Autism-Friendly Cinema Screenings
Autism-friendly screenings are sometimes called relaxed or sensory-friendly screenings. Adjustments are made to reduce stress and sensory input, such as low lighting and sound, freedom to move and staff trained in autism awareness.
Upcoming autism-friendly cinema screenings
Here are the upcoming films for our partner cinemas. Please visit their webpage for full details:
- Cineworld – Barbie on Sunday September 3rd
See an autism-friendly screening of Barbie on Sunday September 3rd at 11am.
Please note that Cineworld Enfield location will be showing their screening on Saturday September 2nd at 11am.
- The Light – Various
The Light has a variety of screenings scheduled across their cinemas. Please visit their page to find out what’s showing near you.
- Showcase – Various
See an autism-friendly screening, at 10am, of:
- Elemental on 9th July
- How To Train Your Dragon on 16th July
- The Barbie Movie on 23rd July
- The Barbie Movie on 30th July
- Picturehouse – Various
See an autism-friendly screening of:
- Roald Dahl’s Matilda the Musical Singalong on 13 August
- The Super Mario Bros. Movie (2D) on 20 August
- Puss in Boots: The Last Wish on 27 August
- The Little Mermaid (2023) on 17 September
Times vary by location.
- ODEON – Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on Sunday August 20th
See an autism friendly screening of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on Sunday August 20th at 10am or 10:15am
***Important; some ODEON cinemas open later so will be showing the screening later than 10am. Please check with your local cinema.
- Scott cinemas – The Little Mermaid on Saturday 10th June
See an autism friendly screening of The Little Mermaid on Saturday 10th June (except Bristol), at 10.45am.
- Everyman – announcement expected soon
- Vue – Puss In Boots: The Last Wish
See an autism friendly screening of Puss In Boots: The Last Wish! at participating Vue cinemas on Sunday 25th June at 10:30am.