Mental Health at Work Standards
There’s a growing need to support mental health in the workplace; particularly for those working in the education sector. As a Trust we have made a commitment to meet the Mental Health at Work Standards which is a simple framework that builds on what is known from the Thriving at Work standards, pulling from the pledges and standards that are already out there, using up-to-date research, from UK employers and mental health experts.
Organisations who sign the commitment are leading the way in implementing each standard for their people. But beyond that, it’s a way of showing our values. By signing Liberty Academy Trust up to the Commitment, we have declared publicly that mental health at work is a priority for us. As we continue to work towards all 6 standards, we will be drawing on the support of colleagues across the Trust and reporting on our progress through this page.
An Overview of the 6 Standards
1) Prioritise mental health in the workplace by developing and delivering a systematic programme of activity
2) Proactively ensure work design and organisational culture drive positive mental health outcomes
3) Promote an open culture around mental health
4) Increase organisational confidence and capability
5) Provide mental health tools and support
6) Increase transparency and accountability through internal and external reporting.